Hi there. So it’s back – lockdown 2.0. We’re so sorry that so many people are struggling right now and want you to know we’re still here, still supporting our people, doing more digital support than ever as well as trying to find ways to overcome the many digital barriers people face.
Stay in touch with us across our social media if you can.
Click on the button below for an amazing podcast from the incredible Brené Brown – it feels like the right one for now. Self-care is not the way to avoid burn-out – caring for others is. No matter what you’re doing, think of others too and share the caring. There’s plenty to go around.
On October 8th our blog and vlog series goes live on our blogs page. Rebecca, our CEO, has been commissioned by the Carnegie UK Trust to share our digital journey into lockdown.
Designed to be a useful resource for the sector, it will be a set of honest reflections and helpful tips as we all navigate the digital.
Keeping our training Covid19 secure – we will:
- book larger than normal venues with smaller than normal groups
- ensure social distancing guidelines are followed
- remind people of the symptoms and ask them to stay away if experiencing any
- assure people that they can wear a mask if preferred
- ensure trainers and trainees have opportunities to regularly wash their hands as well as provide anti-bacterial gel
- provide clear one-way signage
- provide personalised learning packs so that no resources are passed between people
- only provide individually wrapped refreshments and invite trainees to bring their own lunches
- check in with all trainees up to 14 days following training and follow government guidance if any is displaying Covid19 symptoms
- adapt all our training methods to provide ample space and ample fun!
Our #privaterenters campaign goes live
It is estimated by Shelter that over 250,000 people in private rented accommodation are now in rent arrears. With a one-month delay to eviction proceedings being reinstated, a homelessness crisis is looming later this month.
What can you do?
- You can share our content
- Get your organisation to share our content
- Use our content and images, tag your networks and us to increase reach
If you’re renting privately and seeking help, check out our social media posts too.
– to raise awareness of the crisis
– to provide solutions and encourage people to seek help
– to work across sectors, not in silos and reach as many different audiences as we can – we’re in the same storm with this pandemic – but not in the same boat
Click on the Social Media Content below to copy and paste into your own social media channels. Tag your own networks and reach more people.
Click on the buttons below for social media images to use and tag us too.
August 1st – online Volunteer training went live
Visit our online Volunteer training page for more information
DigiTILS+ is also live.
On 1st May we launched ten online and interactive tenancy training modules
You are keeping us open!
Your Own Place, like many our others, has postponed face to face delivery. Whilst we’re re-starting very soon:
- TILS+ has gone digital – and still interactive and fun
- We are still taking referrals of mentees
- We are still supporting existing mentors and mentees to stay in touch, get online and find new ways of mentoring
- YOPAB is virtual, designing online socials, quizzes and testing our ideas
- We are still taking bookings of face-to-face TILS+ courses
- eMentoring Training is live alongside socially distanced mentoring training face to face
- Business Training as we support our people and our teams with compassion and involving them in the shape of your business
Our Covid19 YouTube updates
YouTube – Update 1 – Covid 19 – Benefits & the changes
This is how we are spending your donations – our short graphic videos – giving you the updates you need.
YouTube – Update 2 – Covid 19 – Work & pay
YouTube Update 3. Covid19 – Housing & rent
YouTube Update 4. Covid19 – Getting online- safely
YouTube Update 5. Covid19 – Getting help
YouTube Update 6. Covid19 – Finding Work
Simple Online Guides
We’re pleased to share this freebie that Jarrod put together too. We were approached by a YOP friend who supports volunteers to help dementia sufferers using music. They found it really hard to help people get online and do the basics, as all the information is online! So we’re really pleased to have created a Simple Guide to Online & Email that can be printed out and used directly with people getting started.
Joining a Zoom session
Another simple guide for you – this time, Jarrod’s one-page guide to getting safely onto Zoom – as now we’re all using it every day.
Stay in touch, here are our social media links:
- Your Own Place Twitter
- Your Own Place Instagram
- Your Own Place Facebook
- Your Own Place Facebook for mentors
- Your Own Place LinkedIn
- Mentoring Training2 on Twitter
We’re one of 2020’s top 100 social enterprises in the UK!
Announced in May 2020 after an extraordinarily hard couple of months, this is lovely news to receive for the team.