This one should be called furlough, but it’s not. Because after ten weeks of hard graft we enter this period of pause with huge expertise and knowledge under our belts. Now of course, everyone is a digital expert. We’re not. We’re experts at us, so that means finding the digital solutions that chime with our values, approaches and desired outcomes.
Here’s what we’ve learnt in turning TILS+ into DigiTILS+ and Mentoring Training into eMentoring Training.
- It’s worth spending some time asking around. Ten weeks ago not everyone was a digital expert. We were all finding our feet and many had not heard of Zoom. We spent time asking people across sectors about different platforms and how they integrate.
- Decide your negotiables. our values are always our non-negotiables. This makes it so much easier to make decisions about what the best platforms are for your needs.
- Don’t be precious. You’re going to make some mistakes, get some things wrong and have to start again – it will be better for it.
- Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good. There’s time to make it perfect (don’t worry, that’s always the final aim), but imperfection at the design phase is fine.
- You’re innovating at amazing speed. Literally no-one else on the planet is more of an expert at this moment than you. Don’t be hard on yourself.
- Enjoy it!