YOUR SKILLS / YOUR FUTURE
Your Own Place has developed a unique employability offer that uses our values and approaches to prepare people with a values-led, 1-2-1 as well as group bespoke offer to develop soft skills and be job-ready.
Our Plus Employability is different to other employment support programmes.
- It’s different because our Plus Employability falls into three phases. Why? Because the world of work isn’t linear and because people enter at different times and with different strengths.
- We take a modular and coaching approach to ensure our offer is both tailored and empowering.
- What is all has in common is its quality, values and approach.
Phase 1 – securing work
This is probably where ours is most like others.
But you won’t find boring CV workshops here. You will find clever and imaginative ways of developing interview confidence, the lightbulb moment when people realise what’s standing between them and getting work as well as tips and tricks to build a network of job champions – 50% of jobs are now found via LinkedIn after all!
Phase 2 – soft skills at work
- We hear all the time from employers about how these skills are often missing and it’s why some people yo-yo in and out of work. In a tough jobs market, these are the skills that are going to sort the wheat from the chaff. And because we KNOW that everything can be learnt at any stage in life, these soft skills can too. Especially the way we train!
- Here you’ll find plenty about aspirations – the ones people have already that we unlock by finding and exposing all their inherent strengths. Through understanding how people behave, our impact on others and how the sleep we had the night before can affect us, we can support people to manage their own responses to their feelings and get on better with the boss and in the workplace.
Phase 3 – sustaining work
- So finally, let’s make sure people keep their jobs or move on to greater things. This really is the all important bit that is so often missing in output driven employment support projects! We’re not focused on ‘outputs’ and numbers. We’re about the difference it makes to lives. And it only makes a difference if it lasts. Not all jobs have to or should, so we offer support to understand when it’s time to move on. When someone realises how far they’ve come it’s time to leave the current job and put all that experience into taking a step up.
- So whilst we know that the first job often isn’t the best or the most appetising financially, we do know and can communicate that it’s the first rung on the ladder.
And there’s more
All of the above combined with our unique focus on building relationships, make our Plus Employability support different to all those CV writing and interview skills workshops.
And because we want to see people thrive as well as prevent homelessness, the extra support available around finances, housing and paying the bills, means that Plus Employability is a cut above your average.
What else do you need to know?
- Our offer focuses on the ‘soft skills’ from getting on with your employer, calling in sick, using LinkedIn to find a job or getting on with your colleagues
- Our employment support offer includes a digital offer too – no matter whether digital or face to face, the approaches, values and outcomes are the same
- Our employment offer is bespoke – the content is tailored to what the individual identifies as their goals and delivered in a way that suits them
- Our employment offer is versatile – 1-2-1, group, digital or face to face
- Our employment offer is unique – it focuses on the human, relationship and communication and soft skills that employers tell us that many people entering work lack
- Our employment offer leaves people not just more skilled, but more confident and resilient to navigate the knocks and challenges of sustaining work
- Our employment offer is unique – it is aimed not just at employment, but at supporting people to sustain their tenancies and keep their homes too
- Our employment offer travels to people – literally going the extra mile to reach people who may face many different barriers that are not their own fault
Contact Rebecca for more information.
mob: 07530 028446 or fill in the form below