Your Own Place Advisory Board (YOPAB) – 2019
We’re so excited to be working with The Participation People to design a truly collaborative, youth lead involvement opportunity for young people and wider stakeholders.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Young people are at the heart of YOPAB.
- We want young people to guide YOP through their expertise and lived experience.
- We want to hear their voice!
- We have handpicked exemplary stakeholders who can both champion and support the development of YOP and our young people.
- We do everything we can to listen to you, to involve you and to make YOPAB accessible.
- YOPAB will inform YOP income generation, strategy and the future direction of Your Own Place
- Young people will put themselves forward into key roles – chair, finance, marketing, quality assurance etc. They will be trained for these roles
- It will shape our marketing, evaluation tools, our quality and our reach
You can read about their plans for 2019 in their report: YOPAB-Report.pdf.
- The smaller number of handpicked adults sit as young people’s equals and work to develop and improve what Your Own Place does already and set its future direction – alongside young people
- They too will be taking social action that develops their own skills and contributes to a local social enterprise
Feel free to get in touch in the meantime and if you’re a young person you can apply here and now!