Your Own Place Advisory Board (YOPAB) – 2018
And we’re off! Off on a residential in August with young people that make up the YOPAB.
And thanks to The John Jarrold Trust and Norfolk Community Foundation #iWill for funding it!
We’re so excited to be working with The Participation People to design a truly collaborative, youth lead involvement opportunity for young people and wider stakeholders.
Here’s what you need to know
- There will be more young people than adults on the YOPAB – 12 young people and eight professionals.
- We have handpicked exemplary stakeholders who can both champion and support the development of YOP and our young people.
- We will get together over four one-day sessions over the course of a year, starting with a weekend residential for young people and a guest-appearance by our adult stakeholders.
- YOPAB will inform YOP income generation, strategy and the future direction of Your Own Place
- Young people will put themselves forward into key roles – chair, finance, marketing, quality assurance etc. They will be trained for these roles
- It will shape our marketing, evaluation tools, our quality and our reach
- Young people who get involved will have access to an AQA qualification, incentives defined by them, attend a residential and gain amazing life and professional skills through being a part of the YOPAB
- The smaller number of handpicked adults will sit as young people’s equals and work to develop and improve what Your Own Place does already and set its future direction – alongside young people
- They too will be taking social action that develops their own skills and contributes to a local social enterprise
Feel free to get in touch in the meantime and if you’re a young person you can apply here and now!