We prevent homelessness by reducing rent arrears and risk of eviction. We empower people to keep their home by drawing out their existing knowledge, skills and resilience as the experts in their own lives. Sharing these in their peer group builds new connections.
We develop inter-dependence as the route to resilience, prevention and avoiding crisis. A partnership with us is a partnership that adds value to your existing tenancy support.
Our group workshop offer is engaging, interactive, fun and works
Watch below what our trainees think
Trainees walk away with the skills, knowledge, confidence and resilience they need to keep their home
How it works:
- We start with an engagement workshop – with you and/or residents to co-produce the intervention, get to know each other and see what our workshops are really like
- Together we develop a trainee Engagement Strategy – to get trainees there and to keep them there!
- We design the content and agree the outcomes together – we can deliver 15 modules in three days
- You have an easy online referral link and then we follow up to introduce ourselves to the trainees
- We provide all the resources, refreshments and digital support, if needed, too
- We can provide venues and arrange risk assessments
- Workshops are inclusive, games-based, engaging, fun, visual, and creative. They are adapted for different learning styles and learning difficulties
- Groups never have more than eight people
- Our core offer runs for three consecutive days 10am – 4pm with lots of breaks – but we can be flexible
- Trainees get a certificate to help access housing and demonstrate their new skills
- You get a final project impact report
- We provide two DBS checked and highly skilled facilitators
People who understand their responsibilities as well as what makes a good tenant are much more likely to sustain healthy long-term tenancies without the need for costly interventions. Our workshops have a positive impact on trainee confidence and empower them to find their own positive solutions to life’s challenges.
Trainees tell us they feel listened to and that it’s not like school
– 82% report having increased understanding of their bills
– Over 80% retention on our workshops over three days
– 87% of trainees with improved tenancy skills
– 61% feel more confident as tenants
– 72% have increased knowledge of how to be a good tenant
Find out why Darren attended a workshop
Our excellent feedback is down to how we work. We facilitate restorative and asset-based Pinpoint (c) workshops unlike anything trainees have experienced before. Workshops are in small groups, with no writing, no judgement and often no desks at all. Trainees are on their feet, playing games, having fun, laughing and learning together
Trainees tell us they didn’t know how much they knew
You can find out more about adding on our Plus Employability support and modules here.
Get in touch with Rebecca: