Your Own Place will keep evolving until it’s found the most effective solutions to preventing youth homelessness.
- Your Own Network – a website for young people. This groundbreaking website joins up young people with an Argos wishlist and a range of generous donors. Visit www.yourownnetwork.co.uk. Here’s some guidance on making the most of it: Provider-Guidelines-Your-Own-Network.pdf
- Home Office Your Own Enterprise Project. Read our independent evaluation of this project carried out by The University of East Anglia. FINAL-report-Your-Own-Enterprise-UEA-12-April.pdf . Whilst we are proud of the findings in this report and feel it is a fair reflection of our work with the young people in partnership, we must make clear that the sample size was very small, we worked solely with young males and over a short time frame. Here’s a 40 second film about the project.
- Social Saturday. We were delighted to welcome Andrew Wood, CEO of Adnams and Jeremy Willis, Director for Procurement for PwC UK on 11th October to share their business’ approach to having a social impact.
- Supported Work Tasters and Employment Support. We’re keen to work with sympathetic employers across Norfolk and Suffolk who share our values to offer bite-size work taster opportunities for our young people.
- Suffolk here we come… we’re about to have some super exciting news about our services growing into Suffolk. Watch this exciting space!
- Carnegie #NotWithoutMe We’re thrilled to have been chosen as part of this accelerator programme. We’ll be developing our Big Idea to incorporate digital skills and access across our delivery.
- Young Foundation. We’re also a part of the Young Foundation’s Reimaging Rent accelerator programme. With six other enterprises from across the UK we’re seeking systemic, scaleable and replicable solutions to a poorly functioning rented sector. We’re keen to work in partnership with private landlords and local authorities locally.