We create high quality, interactive online courses so you can keep recruiting and training your staff and volunteers.
Your Own Place’s online Volunteer and Team training provides the most comprehensive online training programme for a sector on a budget.
In a world where we still need volunteers and new team members, your organisation still wants to give them the best as well as a flexible, online (or blended) and engaging training and induction programme.
We want to ensure your people feel confident and safe in their role. Your Own Place can design or design and deliver your training content for you at a fraction of the price of face to face training. We work with you and The Learning Tank to achieve this.
Why Your Own Place?
With a track record of training over 300 volunteers across multiple projects, over seven years and multiple funders, we have a proven track record in the sector.
Our own eMentoring Training is an exciting blend of self directed learning modules and trainer lead participative Zoom sessions, utilising beautiful Canva graphics.
Topics covered in our self-directed learning sessions are:
- an introduction to the organisation, the volunteer/team role and support offered
- key skills and values for volunteers and staff members including empathy, the restorative approach and building resilience
- safeguarding – covering legal information and specific policies and procedures
Unlike some other self directed learning our sessions also contain interactive activities. Here is a short video to illustrate our sessions.
Trainer-led Zoom sessions
Topics covered in our trainer-led Zoom sessions include:
- volunteer motivation and what they gain from mentoring
- what the role entails and the importance of boundaries
- building empathy
- prejudice and why it matters
- beneficiary case-studies including safeguarding issues
- the asset-based and restorative approaches
- listening and good communication
During the trainer-led group Zoom sessions it is possible to get to know the volunteers and team members and for them to gain insight and support from each other, just as you would in face to face training.
By using all the functionality available in Zoom ie writing, drawing, break out rooms, chat functions and our visually impactful Canva backdrops, participants are involved in group activities -just as in a training room.
Here is a video of some of the tools in action.
Commission Your Own Place to create your online Volunteer and Team training content because:
- we have the best reputation for fun, engaging, neurodiverse and impactful training and are a values-led organisation
- we have trained over 300 volunteers and have huge experience in the field
- providing online training for your people saves you time and money
- online training allows for the accessibility and flexibility your volunteers and staff deserve
We help you in a range of ways
- we write you a training package which reaches the outcomes you and your volunteers or staff need – both an online course and face to face content
- we transform your current training content into a high quality, engaging online course which you can then use to train your volunteers
- we take your current training content, create an online course which we facilitate for you
- we have generic content you can purchase off the shelf. Topics include Safeguarding, Empathy, Communication skills, Resilience, Asset based and Restorative approaches
Contact Rebecca for more information or get in touch below
mob: 07530 028446