FREE Mentoring Support for young people aged 15-25
Just look at how much of the region our trained, DBS checked and money-skilled mentors now cover!
So what have you got to lose? Our referral form takes less than a minute. We just need the basics and we’ll pick it up for you.
- Use the referral form link here.
If you want to have a chat about a referral, you can call Rebecca on 07530 028446.
1. What is mentoring?
- Mentors are someone over 21 that a young person can turn to for help, informal support, money skills guidance, goal setting or just someone to have a coffee with.
- You can find some FAQs for referrers here.
- And there are some FAQs for mentees here too.
- Moving to independence is a really big step for any young person. Even more so if you’ve been in care, don’t have lots of support or are struggling on a low income.
- A mentor can help to bridge the gap and be someone to chat to confidentially about goals, aspirations and difficulties along the way. You can be a vital life-line!
3. What do Volunteer Mentors actually do?
- After successfully completing the two-day training course, being DBS checked and interviewed, mentors are carefully matched to their mentees and make safe arrangements to meet.
- They may meet weekly and no less than fortnightly. The early days are critical to building a relationship and making it work.
- Everyone signs a Code of Conduct and completes a questionnaire to understand more about the support the mentee wants and needs.
- The mentee is in charge of the relationship and decides what they want help with.
4. How does it end?
- We will undertake an end questionnaire with the mentee and usually a final case-study interview.
- This helps us to understand how the young person has been supported, the difference it’s made as well as reassure the young person that they are not being abandoned.
- We want to leave them knowing that our door remains open as well as knowledgeable about other avenues of support.
5. Some of our mentors!
Have you checked out Your Own Network yet? This is a website for young people to achieve their aspirations, as well as create an Argos wish-list to help furnish and create their home.