The best possible way of having a post Covid19 impact on a young person’s life
Become a Community Mentor
It’s never been a better time to become a Volunteer Mentor, if you:
- want first-class virtual or face-to-face training, a DBS check, an amazing peer network, support, new skills and the satisfaction that only volunteering can offer
- want a process that makes it easy to get on board, great communication and the best values
- are someone looking to develop new skills, a network of like-minded people and to support a person who’ll benefit from your life experience and perspective
- want to be a part of something very special with impact. We have recruited and trained over 250 Community Volunteer Mentors across Norfolk and Suffolk
- can meet your mentee for just an hour a week and have an informal chat over a coffee – including a virtual chat!
- want to make an impact in a post Covid19 world
Volunteer mentoring in a post Covid19 world
Volunteering with Your Own Place is the most impactful way to support a young person post Covid19. Mentors receive the best training, induction and support, true to our values – and we hope yours too. Mentors can get involved in a way that fits around their busy lives. Our training is virtual as well as face to face and relationships with mentees can be virtual too and in your own time. We can’t wait to develop your skills for life in return for your life experience having an impact on others.
Contact Simone for more information.
mob: 07522 410385
- Find out about who can be a mentor here – Who can be a mentor?
- Click here for Community Volunteer Mentoring FAQs.
We moved quickly to develop eMentoring Training to fit in with you and your busy life.
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for details
2020 Training Dates – face-to-face and virtual
- eMentoring Training – 25th & 27th August – Application form
- Mentoring Training – 22nd & 23rd September in Norwich – Application form
- Mentoring Training – 14th & 15th October in Norwich – Application form
- (WEEKEND DATES) eMentoring Training – 14th & 15th November in Norwich – Application form
- Mentoring Training – 25th & 26th November in Norwich – Application form
How’s it funded?
- During the Covid19 crisis we were aware of just how important mentors are to their mentees. So we were delighted to receive funding from the Norwich Charitable Trust. Like all funding this will end – it finishes in December 2020 and we are working hard seeking further ways of continuing our mentoring projects.
- We invite an optional donation for this great opportunity. As a social enterprise we want to be sustainable and we don’t want the project to end before your mentee has received all the support they need. A quality volunteering opportunity costs a lot of money to run! So, yes, we’re asking for your help with this opportunity to ensure its quality and sustainability. It’s up to you!