Your Own Place Advisory Board (YOPAB)
This is where our YOPAB will be taking shape in 2018!
We’re so excited to be working with The Participation People to design a truly collaborative, youth lead involvement opportunity for young people and wider stakeholders.
We are in the process of defining the ‘who’, ‘what’ and ‘how’ of this new Board.
We can tell you these things already:
- There will be more young people than adults on the YOPAB
- It will inform YOP income generation, strategy and future direction
- Young people will put themselves forward into key roles – chair, finance, marketing, quality assurance etc
- It will shape our marketing, evaluation tools, our quality and our reach
- Young people who get involved will have access to an AQA qualification, incentives defined by them, attend a residential and gain amazing life skills through being a part of the YOPAB
- A smaller number of handpicked adults will sit as young people’s equals and work to develop and improve what Your Own Place does already and set its future direction – alongside young people
- They too will be taking social action that develops their own skills and contribution to a local social enterprise
We will be up and running by April 2018. Feel free to get in touch in the meantime.