Your Own Place Advisory Board (YOPAB) – 2018
This is where our YOPAB is taking shape this year!
We’re so excited to be working with The Participation People to design a truly collaborative, youth lead involvement opportunity for young people and wider stakeholders.
We are in the process of defining the ‘who’, ‘what’ and ‘how’ of this new Board.
We can tell you these things already:
- There will be more young people than adults on the YOPAB – 12 young people and eight professionals.
- We will handpick exemplary stakeholders who can both champion and support the development of YOP and our young people.
- We will get together over four one-day sessions over the course of a year, starting with a weekend residential for young people and a guest-appearance by our adult stakeholders.
- YOPAB will inform YOP income generation, strategy and the future direction of Your Own Place
- Young people will put themselves forward into key roles – chair, finance, marketing, quality assurance etc. They will be trained for these roles
- It will shape our marketing, evaluation tools, our quality and our reach
- Young people who get involved will have access to an AQA qualification, incentives defined by them, attend a residential and gain amazing life and professional skills through being a part of the YOPAB
- The smaller number of handpicked adults will sit as young people’s equals and work to develop and improve what Your Own Place does already and set its future direction – alongside young people
- They too will be taking social action that develops their own skills and contributes to a local social enterprise
We will be up and running by April 2018. Feel free to get in touch in the meantime and if you’re a young person you can apply here and now!