Your Own Place will keep evolving until it’s found the most effective solutions to preventing youth homelessness.
As part of our mission we also do the following.
- Home Office Your Own Enterprise Project. We’ve been funded by the Home Office to work with young people in Norwich at risk of Serious and Organised Crime. With partners, The Participation People, young people will develop their own enterprise, learn business skills along the way and create their own jobs whilst maximizing social impact in their community. We’d love to hear from business colleagues wanting to join them! Find out more here.
- Social Saturday. Join us on 13th October to celebrate the impact that social enterprises have on the local economy as well as being a force for good. Amazing social entrepreneurs will be sharing their stories at this free event. Get yourself on the guest list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Own Network – a website for young people. With colleagues at Naked Marketing and SoftApps, we’re developing Your Own Network. This groundbreaking website is the ‘pointy elbows’ of social mobility that many of our young people are not lucky enough to have. It’s a website that links young people to sources of support, encouragement, donations, Volunteer Tenancy Mentors and loads more. It will be launched on 9th November 2017. Contact email@example.com for an invitation.
- Supported Work Tasters. We’re keen to work with sympathetic employers who share our values to offer bite-size work taster opportunities for our young people.
- FREE 1-2-1 follow-up support after group TILS course
- There’s now FREE follow up sessions for young people who have attended the group TILS course.
- Jarrod can provide ten 1-2-1 sessions to young people wanting to improve their money skills even more! Just tell us on the referral form.