Your Own Place will keep evolving until it’s found the most effective solutions to preventing youth homelessness.
As part of our mission we also do the following.
- We’re thrilled to announce the launch of Your Own Network – a website for young people. With colleagues at Naked Marketing and SoftApps, we’ve created Your Own Network. This groundbreaking website is the ‘pointy elbows’ of social mobility that many of our young people are not lucky enough to have. It’s a website that links young people to sources of support, encouragement, donations, Volunteer Tenancy Mentors and loads more – even an Argos wishlist! Providers working with young people can contact email@example.com to get young people involved. Visit www.yourownnetwork.co.uk. Here’s some guidance on making the most of it: Provider-Guidelines-Your-Own-Network.pdf
- Home Office Your Own Enterprise Project. We’ve been funded by the Home Office to work with young people in Norwich at risk of Serious and Organised Crime. With partners, The Participation People, young people will develop their own enterprise, learn business skills along the way and create their own jobs whilst maximizing social impact in their community. We’d love to hear from business colleagues wanting to join them! Find out more here.
- Social Saturday. After a successful event in 2017, we’ll be back in October for another opportunity to fly the flag for social enterprise in the east.
- Supported Work Tasters. We’re keen to work with sympathetic employers who share our values to offer bite-size work taster opportunities for our young people.
- FREE 1-2-1 follow-up support after group TILS course
- There’s now FREE follow up sessions for young people who have attended the group TILS course.
- Jarrod can provide ten 1-2-1 sessions to young people wanting to improve their money skills even more! Just tell us on the referral form.