(If you’re a business looking at this opportunity for your staff, visit our other page just for you).
Become a Volunteer Mentor
SIGN UP TO BE A VOLUNTEER MENTOR NOW!
- Are you an individual looking for great skills, a network of like-minded people and to support a young person who’ll benefit from your life experience?
- Then look no further! We’re recruiting 260 Volunteer Tenancy Mentors across Norfolk and Suffolk now!
- You’ll receive two days of first-class training, a DBS check, an amazing peer network, support, new skills and the satisfaction that only volunteering can offer.
- After the training we ask our trained mentors to meet the young person for just an hour a week and have an informal chat over a coffee. And we’re at the end of the phone at all times.
- You can read some FAQs here and find out about what a mentor is here.
- Here’s Aaliyah (mentee) meeting her new mentor, Sophie – and looking forward to some help sorting out her water bills and with budgeting!
- TRAINING DATES:
- 9th & 10th May in Lowestoft.
- 23rd & 24th May in Stowmarket.
- 12th & 13th June in Ipswich
- 27th & 28th June in King’s Lynn
- 10th & 11th July in Thetford
- ADDITIONAL NORWICH DATES TBC
- 18th & 19th July in Great Yarmouth
- 1st & 2nd August in Cromer
- 15th & 16th August in Diss
- 11th & 12th September in Lowestoft
- 25th & 26th September in Bury
- 10th & 11th October in Norwich
- 30th & 31st October in Stowmarket
Apply here and develop your skills at the same time as another’s person’s!
- You might have some questions about cost! That’s normal.
- We invite an optional subscription for this great opportunity. As a social enterprise we want to be sustainable and we don’t want the project to end before the young person has received all the support they need.
- So, yes, we’re asking for your help with this opportunity to ensure its quality and sustainability. It’s up to you!